Failure and success are two sides of the coin – the will to try
If at first you don’t succeed try, try again. If you are a true entrepreneur you should not know the meaning of the word “Failure”. Real entrepreneurs look at failure as just another obstacle in their path to success. In fact, many people believe that you must fail’ before you can truly achieve monumental success.
A great example is Thomas Edison the great inventor of electric bulb. Thomas tried and failed more than one thousand times before his invention. Henry Ford encountered several failures as a great automobile genius of our time. Albert Einstein failed over one million times in his laboratory experiments.
HOW TO LIVE A GREAT LIFE: START WITH WHAT YOU HAVE; YOURSELF.
To live a great life, you have to start some where. The most competent person you know now in matters concerning you is yourself, so it makes perfect sense to start with what you have which is your humble self. This means that you have to look within you and search for the hero inside you. Start with the talents you have. We all have capabilities and abilities, it is only that some of us have not realized how to turn what we have into opportunities. So instead of waiting for that big break, start with the little you have and turn it into something big.
HOW TO STAY FOCUSED AND POSITIVE
- Say this positive and self-fortifying mantra very often: ‘I haven’t peaked yet the best is yet to come’
- Avoid rigid vocabulary (‘should”, ‘always’, no-one/everyone’ and especially ‘can’t’)
- Test your assumptions. If you think you would find t stressful to speak out in a meeting, write down something you’d like to say and read it out! What’s the worst that could happen?
- Talk about how you feel. You’re not the only one with fears and difficulties and speaking to others helps you keep things in proportion.
OPEN YOUR MIND
DEVELOP YOURSELF… A mind is like a flower very beautiful when open
It may be a cliché, but life really is what you make it. Research has shown over and over again that optimistic people with a positive outlook on life are healthier and live longer, and tend to have more stable relationships and better-paid jobs than their negaholic counterparts. Pessimists make their own lives miserable and they drag others down with them. But, if you alter your mindset from negative to positive and see your glass as half full rather than half empty- you’ll give yourself the potential for a healthier, happier and longer life.
Are you being too hard on yourself?
Most of us aren’t even conscious of our negative thoughts, let alone realise how we’re subconsciously stopping ourselves from reaching our goals.
Read the statements below and tick which apply to you:
- You think there are no opportunities around.
- You see everything as being at one extreme or the other. For example, you might think: ‘because the party didn’t go completely to plan, it was a total failure
- You ignore compliments and only focus on the negative. Perhaps nine people tell you that they love your new hairstyle, but your friend says she preferred it as it was. You, of course only dwell on your friend’s comment.
- You fail to recognise your own achievements only dwelling on what went wrong and what you could have done better.
- You’re always criticising yourself, using terms like ‘must’, ‘should’ and ‘have to’ in such a way that you always feel bad about yourself.
- You always blame yourself, regardless of whether or not you’re responsible or not.
If you can recognise any of these traits in yourself, you’ve already made the first important step in changing your life. Now, tell yourself that you have the capacity to retrain your mind to adopt a thinking style that not only reduces stress, but also will get you more of what you want, more of the time. Over time you will re-programme your thought patterns to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative. So, if you’re fed up with holding back, you can change your mindset and start living.