- Post authorBy Ngozi Franca Okoye
- Post date
- No Commentson How to solve problems that come up during project management.
Project managers face some unexpected problem during the cycles of project management. Listed below are some problems that one can face in a project management cycle and some possible solutions.
a. Loss/absence of a team member
(1) Plan back ups for each critical team Member. Analyse the skills you need and try to make sure at least two team members posses each skill
b. Vendor delays in shipping supplies.
(1) Always check references of the vendor
Materials, or equipment
(2) Plan alternate sources for critical
(3) Plan regular follow-up for tracking
(4) Use incentive or penalty plans
(5) Look for possible substitutions
Over allocation or unavailability
(1) Plan contingencies for critical
Of critical resource resources
(2) Shift resources from non-critical
tasks or projects
(3) Reschedule non-critical tasks
(4) Contract out
(5) Hire additional people
(1) Eliminate nonessential elements
(2) Look for cheaper substitutions
(3) Go beyond the contract to offer a bonus for improved cost or deliver
Project Management Success Tip: Keep a master file of the problems you encounter and your solutions (whether they worked or not). I f you encounter a problem once, you will likely encounter it again, and next time you will know what worked or what didn’t.
1. Don’t be an “Accidental Manager” ……….Project Management is a discipline. Understand the process to achieve the goal.
2. Get it right the first time…… Doing things right requires time and effort, especially when it comes to identifying needs, but it is invariably more expensive to do them over later.
3. Anticipate inevitable problems………. Conflict and problems are built into the concept of projects; plan ahead of time to improve your ability to cope.
4. Dig deep to find the real situation ……..Never accept a project at face value; you must go beneath surface illusions to discover the real project objective.
5. Be flexible…… Projects are full of surprises; an overly-rigid system is bound to fail.
FOUR STEPS TO COMPLETING YOUR PROJECT.
DELIVER THE OUTPUT
WRAP UP THE ADMINISTRATIVE DETAILS
EVALUATE THE PROJECT EXPERIENCE
House prices in the UK increased to an all time high in July. The property prices showed the unexpected boom as the property market gradually reopened after the lockdown.
According to the latest Halifax price index, the average price of a home was £241,604 last month, 1.7% higher than June’s £237,834.
Buying an investment property is one of the best and assured foreign investment.
There are several things you need to know and do to ensure that you become a successful investor.
The Key players are: You, The Estate/Letting agent, the Surveyor and the Solicitor.
You will need to engage a solicitor or conveyancer to carry out the legal work attached to the purchase of your house. A solicitor covers many aspects of the home-buying process, including helping you when negotiating the price of the property. The Solicitors’ Regional Directory lists names and addresses of solicitors and their web sites can also be useful.
Your solicitor will also:
- Contact the seller’s solicitor and initiates a contract
- Requests title deed to the property
- Carries out a local authority search
- Reads the survey report with comment
- Finalises the contract details with the seller
- Collects money from you and transfers the money to the seller’s solicitor
- Arranges for the deed to be stamped by the local authority
- Takes the deed to land registry to record you as owner.
You can usually find a surveyor through recommendation from your solicitor or estate agent. Alternatively, you can find the names of firms in the Yellow Pages or telephoning direct enquiries. The surveyors report may highlight any major structural problems that are immediately obvious, such as major damp, subsidence or heave. It cannot be relied upon to spot anything other than superficial problems. Modern buildings are usually free from aging problems.
Buying a property to let is not something to rush into. Speak to letting agents in the area where you want to buy a house to find out:
- If there are demands for rental properties
- How much income to expect
- The most popular property and locations for tenants
- The areas that are easy and cheap to maintain.
No matter what business you’re n. keeping things in order is key to your professional – and personal – success.
Time is money. You have probably heard this saying thousands of times. Yet, like most of us, you are most likely still wasting a lot of valuable time 4because you are unorganized. To be successful in today’s business climate you must be as organized as possible. As more and more companies cut workers, there are less and less secretaries, personal assistants and other administrative workers who usually are responsible for keeping you and your company organized. Now, it is up to you to get and stay organized in order to increase your productivity and efficiency.
Get your finances in good order
Build your financial pipeline to achieve an ongoing residual income. Many people tend to believe that the way to financial security and happiness is to do your own thing your own way or to develop a new product no one else has.
- Know the difference between Financial Fact and Financial Opinion. It is a matter of common sense, through n some things of life common sense is uncommon. Facts are based on numbers. Your financial survival depends upon facts, not some friends or adviser’s wordy opinions. However, both fact and opinion are important but are completely different financially.
Most people struggle financially because they spend an awful lot of time of their life using opinions rather than facts when making financial decision.
The following are opinions
- Your house is an asset.
- The price of real estate always go up
- Blue chip stocks and shares are the best investment.
- You have to be dishonest to be rich.
- Joe go on and marry Jane she will make a good house wife.
- There is enough money in Nigeria for everyone to be rich
- People who make mistakes are stupid.
- He studied Accountancy, he must make a good bank manager
Gold or Diamond is only an asset, by definition, if you buy it for less than you sell it for. In reality, the only thing that is an asset or liability is you. It is you that can make a diamond an asset and only you can make it a liability. It is OK to use an opinion when making decision so long as you know the difference. To be successful financially, you must know the difference between fact and opinion. If you cannot verify something as a fact, then it is an opinion. Some research scientist defined financial insanity as when opinions are used as facts. When it comes to making money, most people are either lazy or searching for shortcut. And there are still others who are so afraid of making mistakes that all they do is due diligence and they do nothing.
2. Playing the game of Monopoly. This is not a joke. The formula for getting rich in Monopoly is simple, and it works in real life as well as in the game.
3. Think and Grow Rich
Ask yourself one important question; why think and grow rich and not work hard and get wealthy. The truth is that people who work the hardest do not wind up the richest. Job or financial security is completely different from financial freedom. The process of going from financial security to financial freedom is a matter of changing your thinking.
If you want to attain financial freedom, you need to think, think and think. A person who has a loser mentality will always lose no matter what stock, share, real estate or gold they buy.
4. Mistakes and Risks are essential:
Mistakes are essential characteristics of human beings. That is why people who take risks, make mistakes and recover often do better than people who learned not to make mistakes because they were afraid of risks. Mistake free doers are rich, usually people who are emotionally afraid of making mistakes. Instead, to be financial free, we need to learn how to make mistakes and manage risks. In a nutshell, risk leads to mistakes, and mistakes lead to wisdom and knowledge. Failure is part of the process of success.
5. Attitude determines our altitude
Our attitude determines our altitude in life. It has been quoted too often in almost every self-development journal and by different authors in marriage and business relationship. It is unequivocally true. Attitude is governed by emotions and emotions control our thinking, feelings, beliefs and altitude
As a matter of policy never say any of the following because what a person says and thinks becomes real.
- I can’t afford it
- I don’t do that
- What if I fail
- That idea will never
- I am never lucky
- I will never be rich
- I am not good in anything
- I am poor in managing money
- My own things always go wrong.
6. Make disappointment your appointment.
Just as inside every problem lies an opportunity, so is inside every disappointment lies a priceless gem of wisdom and knowledge. Make appointment to explore the hidden opportunity through wisdom and knowledge therein.
7. Dream Big.
The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams. In a nutshell Dr Franca says that to be financially free you have to think, think, think. Change your thinking to possibility thinking and know that with God all things are possible.
Remember that only those who can risk going too far can really find out how far they can go. We cannot tell you what business to go into at this stage.
All we are saying is for you to change your outlook and you will for the first time notice the opportunities that abound.
Risk must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing and is nothing.