Most diseases can be prevented by eating healthily. Our bodies respond to what is put into it. It is always right to start early to look after our health. Studies have shown that a diet lower in fat, protein and higher in complex carbohydrates decreases one’s risk of diseases. It is always advisable to reduce the consumption of meat, eggs, milk, butter, cheese and lard. Furthermore, it is good to increase the intake of foods containing lots of fibre, lots of fruits vegetables, assorted beans, whole grains. There is instant benefit when ones diet is modified to take care of the above suggestions. People feel healthier with regulated sugar and cholesterol levels thus leading to reduced chronic diseases.
Most ailments that people suffer from may result from the state of the mind. Take a moment and have a realistic look at ways to ease ad manage your workload. Try some proven stress management techniques. The answer to solving your stress problems may not be because of so many files on our table but so many issues in our head. So it is a good idea to calm down, relax and manage our stress levels using proven stress management techniques.
Traditional healing practices, from Chinese medicine to the early Egyptians, make the link between mind and body. It’s only conventional Western science that doesn’t usually connect the two. Suppressed emotions can contribute to many health problems It is not clear exactly how it works, but hundreds of years of evidence have shown that disease can be linked to what’s going on in your mind’.
In addition, some diseases can be linked to specific emotions, lifestyle plays a major part, but studies have shown personality traits seem to predispose people tc certain illnesses, too.
So if you want to stay in good health, coming to terms with your emotions could help as much as eating your vegetables and going to the gym…
As more pollution circulates in the air, more and more people are concerned with the quality of the air they breathe, and with good reason. It has been shown that even nonsmokers who live in high air pollution areas suffer with the same kind of symptoms that smokers do. A phenomenon known as secondary smoking.
The pollution in the air decreases the amount of oxygen that can actually get circulated in the blood. A prevalent ingredient in polluted air, carbon monoxide, actually binds with the oxygen in the blood, making it ineffective.
So what can we do?
- Exercise: Exercise strengthens the lungs and provides the system with more oxygen. During exercise, the lungs are trained to breathe more deeply while we increase their ability to expand.
- Good posture: Shallow breathing is often due to tight fitting clothes and poor posture. This causes blood to become impure because there is less oxygen for the system. Consequently, we become depressed, our concentration is lessened, and our digestion disrupted.
- Drink enough water: Water is essential for good respiration. The lungs are 75 percent water and we lose at least one pint of water in our exhaled breath each day.
- Air purifier: For those who drive daily in heavy traffic, a portable air purifier in your car would certainly be of great benefit. There are also purifying units for the home
- Water filter: It is a good idea to get water filter to purify the water that we drink especially in more polluted areas.
Hold regular meetings so that employees can express their views
Find out what motivates your staff as individuals.
Introduce training programmes and workshops
Create a blame-free environment so that staff can be innovative and learn from their mistakes
Make employees feel involved in company operations.
—BE YOUR BEST!!!!!
“Whether you are an employee or an entrepreneur”
Ever wondered while some people seem to get the best jobs, and keep moving to even better jobs with all the good corporate companies or keep setting up viable businesses. Below, is how you too can do it.
Every organization has a unique culture that dictates behaviour that is expected. Performing successfully in one organization does not guarantee success in another. But corporate culture is near enough the same. So it is important that one start early to acquire the skills that will enable one to succeed. Before you look for employment, it is good to look at expectations that will prepare you for your entry into this maze of unwritten rules. Whether you intend to work for a company or set up your own business.
A major benefit in spring cleaning your life is the boost it provides to your energy flow. Successful people have more than enough energy -mental, physical and emotional -to carry their ideas and projects through to completion. Their energy visibly flows through them and can be contagious, captivating others and sweeping them along as things get done in double- quick time. To optimize your energy flow, you need to minimize your energy drains and maximize the energy coming into your life.
Clutter drains you of energy, so sort everything out, decide what to keep, throw out, give away, sell or store. Get rid of anything you don’t absolutely need or haven’t used in the last 12 months. Assign a home to everything you wish to keep and get organized to prevent the build up from
There has been a WARNING over the Pfizer vaccine immunization as two NHS staff in the UK suffer ‘anaphylactoid reaction’ after getting the covid vaccination, both healthcare workers are recovering from the reactions’: Regulators have urged people with history of ‘significant’ allergies NOT to have the injection. This comes just 24 hours after Britain kicked off the covid – 19 vaccinations.
The UK has started it’s covid-19 vaccinations. A 90 year old woman was the first to receive the approved Pfizer vaccine. The vaccination would be done in different stages starting with the vey elderly first. The different age groups would be done at different times as the vaccines become more available.
Speaking is expected of virtually all of us whether we are managers or not. Often that means in formal business English and more often today in other languages as well. Employers will be assessing you on grammar, vocabulary size and use, and how effective you deliver your ideas.
You may think that your job role does not require speaking, perhaps thinking that your field does not require great oration, think again. Even in heavy content science areas like engineering, accounting and computer science, employers look for the employees who can present the ideas, influence clients, and communicate well in a team.
It is likely that speaking will not be the focus of your job, but it will be a factor in promotion and opportunity. If you are in a lab, the person who speaks for your team will be seen as the leader. In a clinical situation, clear instructions will be imperative for patient understanding and healthy behavior.
Attend courses on communication skills, if you are working on an accent perhaps you have a thick local accent, you might benefit from a speech coach. Some employers are looking for very precise speech. Stretch yourself by volunteering to represent your group whatever it might be. Employers will be paying attention to these experiences when you apply. Employers will be listening to see if you adjust your language usage to the situation and audience. Having just the skills of your discipline is never enough.
Tips on developing the right attitude for a very high altitude
1. Recognise and build on strengths-start with what is working well and go from there.
2. Know that people who have negative labels and judgements don’t help anybody not even themselves.
3. Notice that change can be fun and rewarding and notice the difference.
4. Have a flexible approach- when something isn’t working, it’s time to change. Don’t be so rigid.
5. Know when to display the softness and sensitivity attitudes.
6. Put a sense of humour and spontaneity into your day.
7. Remember all work and no play id nobody any good. So know that work is part of your life and find time to play too.
8. Cultivate a great rapport with colleagues. This is the best way to move up in work and business.
9. Identify your goals and focus on the outcomes. When you are clear about what you want you can head in the right direction.
10. Be a good communicator and listen at an empathic level the words are just part of the message, you need all your senses to connect with the world.