Vitamin E – all whole grain cereals including brown rice, oats and whole meal bread, wheat germ, soy beans, cold pressed vegetable oils, nuts.
Selenium – whole cereals, particularly germ and bran, also and garlic.
With all these benefits from a vegetarian diet to reverse the ravages of cancer around the world, we encourage people, where it is possible, to include more vegetables in their diet to consume 3 or more servings of vegetables and 2 or more servings of fruits every day.
In the American journal of clinical nutrition, ills reported that there is a significant protection from cancers of the oesophagus, larynx, oral cavity and pancreas in those people who eat large amount of fruits and vegetables.
Recommendations to Reduce Cancer Risk:
Summarized from the American Cancer Society and National Academy of Science publication
- Eat plenty of high fibre foods such as whole grains, beans, fruits and vegetables.
- Eat plenty of foods that are high in vitamins A and C, such as dark green and deep yellow vegetables, citrus fruits and yellow/orange fruits.
- Eat more cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage and sprouts
- Maintain proper body weight.
- Reduce dietary fat intake to no more than 30 per cent of total calories.
- Avoid salt- cured smoked and nitrite cured meats.
- Don’t smoke.
- Alcohol is not recommended
- Guard against overexposure to sunlight
Hope For Cancer Patients:
A new drug can deaths among women breast cancer by 39% and reduces the chances of it spreading by 40%. The new drug, Letrozole, has been on trial for the past two and a half years, and the trial was even stopped early as it was so successful, the scientists felt it was unfair to keep some women on a placebo. Already available to women with advanced breast cancer, the makers, Novatis, want it licensed for women who have already tried other treatments such as Tamoxife