Don’t get left out, exercise yourself into good health.
It is difficult for most of us to be active enough these days. In earlier generations, physical exercise was a part of normal everyday life.
Now for many of us it is all too easy to jump in a car rather than walk or we simply seem to be just too busy to exercise.
Health experts advise that regular exercise such as brisk walk or some sort of mild indoor activities can improve our health and keep the Doctor away.
So what are the benefits of being more active?
- More energy
- More stamina
- More happiness
- A lower risk of heart disease, diabetes and stroke
- Reduced risk of cancer of the bowel
- Greater self confidence
- Relief from stress and depression
- A better shape and appearance
- Stronger muscles
- A lower risk of osteoporosis (thinning of bones)
- Lower blood pressure
- A higher level of the ‘good cholesterol’ (HDL Cholesterol)
In fact, moderate exercise such as tennis, dancing, squash, golf or a brisk walk for 30 minutes, five days a week, can reduce your chances of developing coronary heart disease.
If you are unlucky enough to have a heart attack, if you have kept yourself fit you are twice as likely to survive. Look after your health now to enjoy life longer.